We Value…acting in the best interest of our residents’ health and well-being
Date: November 2017
Job Title: Lead, Digital Communications & Design
Reports To: Director, Communications & Community Engagement
The Lead, Digital Communications & Design leads the development and implementation of an overarching digital and visual brand strategy for the WWLHIN, to support the organization in delivering on its mission to make it easy for residents to be healthy, and to get the care and support they need.
A compelling visual story artist, the Lead is skilled in the latest tools and tactics in visual communication, including infographics, promotional materials, photography, video, and more traditional design. In this role, the Lead helps residents and stakeholders better understand the organization’s vision, how to access care, and effectively communicates both the challenges and successes in the local health system. The Lead is also well-versed in the latest digital communications trends and utilizes their strategic communications skills to build compelling integrated digital content that engages various audiences across digital mediums.
An expert in brand development and execution, the Lead will continue to build the WWLHIN’s brand as an influential, trusted community leader committed to improving the health and wellbeing of local residents.
- Leads the development and implementation of an overarching integrated digital and visual brand strategy for the organization.
- Leads the organization’s social media strategy and online presence, including:
- Looking for opportunities on a daily basis to use social media to communicate WWLHIN and Health Service Provider news and successes, and ultimately support the achievement of the organization’s making health easier vision.
- Oversees and contributes to writing, gathering, creating, and posting content for social media channels.
- Monitoring emerging trends in social media and identifying the channels in which the WWLHIN should be active.
- Proactively developing and implementing campaigns designed to build Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other online audiences.
- Monitoring social media channels for reputational issues involving the WWLHIN and advising Leadership Team and C&CE colleagues.
- Developing and maintaining social media guidelines for the organization.
- Monitoring regular reports on social media activity to inform ongoing strategy and ensure continuous improvement.
- Builds strong, trusting, productive working relationships with staff at all levels within the organization, and with stakeholders across Waterloo Wellington.
- Leads the team’s visual communications function, including the design of multi-faceted communications materials (newsletters, reports, brochures, digital assets etc.)
- Responsible for leading the digital Accessibility portfolio, ensuring the organization meets online AODA standards
- Provides strategic support around the design and development of the website, acts as primary liaison with PAN LHIN website and AODA groups
- Provides strategic digital and visual communications support to organizational leaders on external communications, including strategic development and graphic design elements
- Works collaboratively with the organizational development team on initiatives to increase brand and visual identity awareness
- Develops and mentors staff, including leadership of direct reports.
- Oversees production of all print and digital materials
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with content management systems (CMS), social media management and analytics tools, including web-based applications, and Google Analytics
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing integrated digital communications strategies.
- Fluency with graphic design toold, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Demonstrated experience with Accessibility requirements for web and digital documents.
- Strong prioritizing skills in a multi-task environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under challenging deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Superior communication and design skills including demonstrated proficiency in adhering to brand standards, web and marketing, including ability to translate complex ideas and concepts into visual materials.
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong experience in advising and producing visual materials for executives.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- High level of comfort working individually or as part of a team.
- Superior project management, analytical and execution skills
- Complete discretion with sensitive information and sensitive situations.
- Passion for improving the patient experience and working in the best interest of the WWLHIN’s residents’ health and well-being.
- Photography and videography skills considered an asset
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital communications, communications, or related field and at least 7 years of progressive experience in a graphic design/communications role.
- RGD membership/certification considered an asset
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, before 4:30 p.m. on November 20, 2017 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY .